Are you looking for a car insurance policy that is affordable, convenient, and hassle-free? If yes, then you might want to check out Acko car insurance.
Acko is a digital-first car insurance provider that claims to offer low premiums, cashless repairs, and instant claim settlements. Sounds too good to be true, right?
Well, in this Acko car insurance review, we will take a closer look at how Acko car insurance works, what it covers, and how it compares to other providers in India.
By the end of this article, you will have a clear idea of whether Acko car insurance is the right choice for you or not.
So, let’s get started!
How Acko Car Insurance Works
Acko car insurance works differently from traditional car insurance providers.
Instead of relying on agents or brokers, Acko allows you to buy, renew, and claim your car insurance policy online through their website or app.
Here are the steps you need to follow to get an Acko car insurance policy:
How to Apply For Acko Car Insurance Policy
- Visit Acko’s website or download their app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Enter your car details such as make, model, variant, registration number, etc.
- Get a personalized quote based on your car’s age, condition, and usage.
- Choose the type of plan and add-ons you want.
- Pay online using your preferred mode of payment.
- Receive your policy document instantly in your email.
That’s it! You have successfully bought an Acko car insurance policy in minutes.
To renew Acko car Insurance policy, you just need to follow the same steps and pay the renewal premium before the expiry date.
Acko Car Insurance Claim Process
To claim your policy, you need to follow these steps:
- Log in to your Acko account on their website or app.
- Select the claim option and enter the details of the incident such as date, time, location, etc.
- Upload the photos of the damage and any other relevant documents.
- Choose the repair option that suits you best. You can either opt for cashless repairs at one of Acko’s network garages or get reimbursed for repairs done at any garage of your choice.
- You can also call 1860 266 2256 (a charged number) or 1800 266 2256 (a toll-free number) to claim your acko car insurance.
- Your car will be picked up within 30 minutes of registering the claim.
- Track the status of your claim online and get updates via SMS or email.
- Once the process is complete, the repaired vehicle will be brought to your house.
As you can see, Acko car insurance works in a simple and transparent way. You don’t have to deal with any paperwork, middlemen, or delays.
Documents Required for Filing a Claim Under the Acko Car Insurance Plan
The documents required for filing a claim under the Acko car insurance plan depend on the type of incident and the type of plan you have. However, some of the common documents that you might need are:
- Policy document
- Driving license copy
- RC copy
- FIR copy (in case of theft or major accident)
- Repair estimate (in case of reimbursement option)
- Repair invoice (in case of reimbursement option)
You can upload these documents online through their website or app while filing your claim. You can also send them by email at email@example.com.
What Acko Car Insurance Covers
Acko car insurance offers two types of plans: third party and comprehensive.
Third party plan covers the legal liability arising from damage or injury caused by your car to a third party person or property. This is the minimum level of coverage required by law in India.
Comprehensive plan covers both third party liability and own damage. Own damage refers to the damage or loss caused by your car due to accidents, fire, theft, natural calamities, etc. This is the recommended level of coverage for most car owners.
In addition to these plans, Acko car insurance also offers various add-ons that enhance your coverage and protection. Some of these add-ons are:
- Zero depreciation: This add-on ensures that you get the full value of your car parts without any deduction for depreciation in case of a claim.
- Roadside assistance: This add-on provides you with 24/7 emergency assistance in case of breakdowns, flat tyres, battery issues, etc.
- Key replacement: This add-on covers the cost of replacing your lost or damaged car keys.
- Engine protection: This add-on covers the cost of repairing or replacing your engine in case of damage due to water ingress, oil leakage, etc.
- Return to invoice: This add-on ensures that you get the original invoice value of your car in case of total loss or theft.
You can choose any or all of these add-ons depending on your needs and budget. However, keep in mind that adding more add-ons will increase your premium amount as well.
To give you an idea of how much Acko car insurance costs, here are some sample quotes for a Maruti Suzuki Swift 2019 model registered in Delhi:
|Zero depreciation + Roadside assistance
|Zero depreciation + Roadside assistance + Key replacement + Engine protection + Return to invoice
As you can see, Acko car insurance offers competitive and affordable premiums for different types of plans and add-ons.
What Acko Car Insurance Does Not Cover
Like any other car insurance policy, Acko car insurance also has some exclusions and limitations that you should be aware of.
These are the situations where Acko car insurance will not cover your claim:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driving without a valid license or permit
- Driving for illegal or unlawful purposes
- Driving outside the geographical limits specified in the policy
- Driving a modified or altered car without informing Acko
- Wear and tear, depreciation, mechanical or electrical breakdowns
- Consequential losses or indirect damages
- Personal items or accessories stolen from the car
- War, terrorism, nuclear or similar events
These are some of the common exclusions that apply to most car insurance policies in India.
You should read the policy document carefully to understand the full list of exclusions and limitations that apply to your Acko car insurance policy.
Types of Acko Car Insurance
Third-Party Cover: Safeguarding Your Financial Interests
Life is unpredictable, and accidents can happen. With our Third-Party Liability Four-Wheeler Insurance Policy, you’re protected against financial liabilities arising from accidental damage to someone else’s property or causing injuries to others.
It’s essential coverage, and the premium rates for third-party car insurance are updated based on the IRDAI circular dated 25th May 2022.
Own Damage Cover: A Shield for Your Car
While third-party liability insurance is essential, it might not cover all the potential risks your car faces.
That’s where our Own Damage Insurance policy comes into play. It’s designed to protect your vehicle against damages from accidents, natural disasters, fire, or theft – a comprehensive safety net for your valuable possession.
Comprehensive – Basic: Beyond the Basics
Our Comprehensive Car Insurance Cover goes the extra mile. It not only secures you against third-party liabilities but also provides insurance for your car in various scenarios, including flooding, accidents, fire, and even theft.
Comprehensive – Super Saver: Superior Protection, Unmatched Convenience
Exclusively available at ACKO, the Comprehensive – Super Saver policy offers the benefits of comprehensive insurance with an added focus on a superior claims experience.
Acko take care of everything during claims – picking up your car, arranging repairs at our partner garages, and delivering it back at no extra cost.
Just a heads up, if you forget to inform Acko before claim-related repairs, a deductible of Rs. 5,000 applies.
Zero Depreciation – Basic: A Complete Coverage Solution
The Zero Depreciation – Basic plan, often referred to as bumper-to-bumper coverage, includes all the advantages of the Comprehensive – Basic Plan.
Additionally, it covers the depreciation costs of parts. Without this benefit, only partial costs of specific components, like fiber and plastic parts, are covered.
Zero Depreciation – Smart Saver: Savings for the Cautious
For safe drivers who anticipate fewer claims, our Zero Depreciation – Smart Saver plan offers all the benefits of the Zero Depreciation – Basic Plan at a discounted price.
In case of a claim, we handle everything, and you only need to pay Rs. 5,000 (above mandatory charges) as a deductible. It’s a perfect option if you’re confident about your driving skills.
Zero Depreciation – Super Saver: Ultimate Protection and Convenience
Combining the best of both worlds, the Zero Depreciation – Super Saver policy offers Comprehensive Insurance, Zero Depreciation benefits, and a superior claims experience.
Acko handle repairs at our partner garages during claims.
Motor Compulsory Personal Accident (Owner-Driver) Cover: Safety First
While it’s not a car insurance policy, the Motor Compulsory Personal Accident (Owner-Driver) Cover is an essential add-on, mandated by law along with the Third-Party Insurance Plan.
It provides coverage for both permanent disability and death in case of accidents while driving a car. It’s a critical safeguard for you as the owner-driver.
Pros and Cons of Acko Car Insurance
Now that you know how Acko car insurance works and what it covers, let’s look at some of the pros and cons of choosing Acko car insurance over other providers.
- Low cost: Acko car insurance offers low premiums compared to other providers. This is because Acko uses data and technology to assess the risk and price the policy accordingly. Acko also saves on operational costs by eliminating agents and brokers.
- Hassle-free service: Acko car insurance provides a smooth and convenient service to its customers. You can buy, renew, and claim your policy online without any paperwork or visits to the office. You can also get cashless repairs at one of Acko’s network garages or get reimbursed for repairs done at any garage of your choice.
- Quick claim settlement: Acko car insurance promises to settle your claim within a few days. You can track the status of your claim online and get updates via SMS or email. You can also contact their customer care team anytime for any queries or assistance.
- Limited offline presence: Acko car insurance is a digital-first provider that operates mainly online. This means that if you prefer to buy, renew, or claim your policy offline, you might face some difficulties. Acko has only a few branch offices in India and does not have any agents or brokers to assist you.
- No network discounts: Acko car insurance does not offer any discounts for being a part of a network such as a corporate group, an automobile association, etc. This means that you might miss out on some savings that other providers might offer you.
- No loyalty benefits: Acko car insurance does not offer any loyalty benefits such as no claim bonus, renewal discounts, etc. This means that you will not get any rewards for staying with Acko for a long time or for being a safe driver.
Benefits of Acko Car Insurance Policies
Acko car insurance policies offer several benefits to its customers. Some of these benefits are:
- Low premiums: Acko car insurance policies are priced based on data and technology that assess the risk and value of your car. This results in lower premiums compared to other providers who use standard rates based on factors such as age, location, model, etc.
- Cashless repairs: Acko car insurance policies offer cashless repairs at over 4,000 network garages across India. This means that you don’t have to pay anything out of your pocket for the repairs done at these garages. Acko will directly settle the bill with the garage on your behalf.
- Instant claim settlements: Acko car insurance policies offer instant claim settlements within a few days. You can file your claim online through their website or app and upload the photos of the damage and any other relevant documents. Acko will verify your claim and process it quickly. You can track the status of your claim online and get updates via SMS or email.
- Digital process: Acko car insurance policies are completely digital and paperless. You can buy, renew, and claim your policy online without any paperwork or visits to the office. You can also download your policy document instantly in your email.
- Wide coverage options: Acko car insurance policies offer various types of plans and add-ons to suit your needs and budget. You can choose from third party or comprehensive plans and add-ons such as zero depreciation, roadside assistance, key replacement, engine protection, return to invoice, etc.
How Acko Car Insurance Compares to Other Providers
Acko car insurance is one of the leading digital-first car insurance providers in India. But how does it compare to other providers in terms of customer reviews, claim settlement ratio, network garages, emergency assistance, etc.?
|4.4 out of 5 stars on Google Play Store
|4.1 out of 5 stars on Google Play Store
|4.2 out of 5 stars on Google Play Store
|3.9 out of 5 stars on Google Play Store
|Claim settlement ratio
|94% in FY 2019-20
|97.2% in FY 2019-20
|89% in FY 2019-20
|93% in FY 2019-20
|Over 4,000 across India
|Over 5,600 across India
|Over 7,300 across India
|Over 6,000 across India
|Available as an add-on with comprehensive plan
|Available as an add-on with comprehensive plan
|Available as an add-on with comprehensive plan
|Available as an add-on with comprehensive plan
As you can see, Acko car insurance performs well in most of the criteria compared to other providers.
However, it also has some areas where it can improve, such as increasing its offline presence, offering network discounts, and offering loyalty benefits.
Overall, Acko car insurance is a good option for those who are looking for a low-cost, convenient, and hassle-free car insurance policy.
Acko Car Insurance Customer Care Number
If you have any questions, feedback, or complaints regarding your Acko car insurance policy, you can contact their customer care team at 1860 266 2256 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit their website or app and use the chat option to get in touch with them.
Their customer care team is available from Monday to Saturday from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm. They are friendly, helpful, and responsive to your queries and issues.
Conclusion : Acko Car Insurance Review
Acko car insurance is a digital-first car insurance provider that offers low premiums, cashless repairs, and instant claim settlements. It also offers various types of plans and add-ons to suit your needs and budget.
In this Acko car insurance review, we have covered how Acko car insurance works, what it covers, and how it compares to other providers in India.
We hope that this article has helped you to decide whether Acko car insurance is the right choice for you or not.
If you are interested in buying or renewing an Acko car insurance policy, you can visit their website or app to get a quote or buy a policy.
You can also contact their customer care team at 1860 266 2256 or email them at email@example.com for any queries or assistance.
Get insured with Acko
What is the Incurred Claim Ratio of Acko car insurance company?
The Incurred Claims Ratio (ICR) of Acko Car insurance company for the financial year 2020-21 is 94%.
How to check acko car insurance claim status online?
To check your car insurance claim status online, you should log into your Acko account. Visit the link https://www.acko.com/login/ and enter in your mobile number. An OTP would be sent to your number. Enter the OTP and log into your account. Once you have logged in, your claim status would be shown in your account.
Can I transfer Acko car insurance from one vehicle to another?
Yes, you can transfer the car insurance plan from one car to another by filing RTO form number 28, 29 and 30 along with the clearance certificate. You can contact Acko to transfer the car insurance by submitting the above-stated documents.
Is car insurance mandatory for your vehicle?
Yes. Under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, all vehicles driven on Indian roads must have a valid insurance policy. A third-party insurance policy is compulsory for all commercial and private vehicles in India.
Can I raise a claim for an ACKO standalone car insurance policy in person?
You can only raise a claim for an ACKO standalone car insurance policy through their online portal.